And Good Friends Will Never Die

2:26:00 PM

I wrote this post to express my feelings after the recent death of a friend. I was also thinking about the death of our son...




The real world where heavy grey clouds blot out the sun, where there is pain and suffering.  A world saturated with tears and pierced by hearts that ache.

A world where good friends die.

The real world…

Tears fill my eyes and roll down my cheeks and I bend over under the weight of grief.

But then I stand up tall and shout, “No! This isn’t the real world.”

The real world is the dream world where the warm sun shines down upon us; where love and joy ripple through the air; where children giggle, and husbands hug, and friends smile, and we all laugh…

One day…

There will be no more looking over our shoulders; no more anxious glances; no more wondering if our bubble will burst, releasing all our joy; no more grief; no more mourning good friends.

One day we will live forever in the real world. And the Son will shine upon us…

And good friends will never die.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

follow on Instagram